CloudBerry S3 Backup is a Windows application that automates backup and restore processes to Amazon S3 secure cloud storage. Cloudberry S3 Backup provides a powerful Backup and Restore program designed to leverage Amazon S3 storage to make your disaster recovery plan simple, reliable, and affordable.
Disaster recovery planning is often times an afterthought that comes to light when disaster strikes.
Very seldom do companies fully recover from loss of critical data which could lead to loss of business.
Automating Amazon S3 Backup on Windows with Cloudberry Backup
What is Amazon S3?
To use Cloudberry S3 Backup you should create your Amazon S3 account. Amazon S3 is unlimited secure internet storage that leverages Amazon infrastructure. Amazon S3 is primarily designed for software developers who want to take advantage of scalable internet storage in their applications. However, the products like Cloudberry S3 Backup unleash the power of Amazon S3 and make it available for less sophisticated consumers.
There are no sign-up or minimum fees. You only pay for what you use. In many cases your monthly checks will be less than a dollar! The costs start at $0.125 per GB of data storage a month. Moreover new customers can enjoy the free usage tier for the first year that includes 5GB of storage.
Check here for more info on Amazon S3 pricing.
Some of CloudBerry S3 Backup features:
- Setup your backup process in a couple of minutes
- Strong data encryption protects your data from unauthorized access
- Data compression allows you to lower your Amazon S3 storage and transfer costs
- Scheduling capabilities automate the backup process
- Real Time backup to copy data as it changes
- Block level updates, to copy only modified blocks of large files
- Local backup to copy data to local hard drives, network locations and NAS
- Map cloud storage as a local disk for easier data access
- Backups are available for recovery 24/7
- Intuitive interface provides easy file and folder selection capabilities
- No proprietary storage format. You can access your files using other Amazon S3 tools.
- Control bandwidth utilization to do other tasks online when backup is running
- Online web interface, to access your data everywhere
- Support multiple cloud storage features in the future such as Microsoft Azure, Google Storage, Rackspace, etc.
This is a long list of CloudBerry S3 Backup features.
- Easy installation and configuration
- Scheduling capabilities
- Data encryption
- Data retention schedule
- Secure online storage
- Backup verification
- Alerting notifications
- Indication for successful/failed backup status
- The ability to restore to a particular date
- Backup open files
- Bandwidth throttling
- Support SSL for secure data connection
- Minimize to tray
- Built-in feedback form
- Integrate backup with your own routines with command line interface
- Backup open files such as Outlook and QuickBook data files
- Windows Home Server support.
Cloudberry S3 Backup is a fully functional backup product that can help computer users ranging from private individuals to small and mid size business leverage Amazon S3 secure and reliable Cloud storage to automate data backup and restore processes. Cloudberry Backup costs $29,99 for desktop license and $79,99 for server license.
It worth mentioning that Cloudberry Lab offers free licenses to non-profit organizations and educational institutions.
If you are considering using Amazon S3 for data backup purposes it is a good reason to start now and download Cloudberry S3 Backup from Cloudberry Lab website at http://www.cloudberrylab.com/backup
©2015 TechAtLast Int'l Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.