How to Downgrade Android OS
Have you ever had an experience of it before when your android OS is not functioning well as it used to be before due to upgrade and other factors? If you’ve had one before – it is likely that you may be looking for a permanent solution to it now. And one of those permanent solutions is to downgrade your OS to the formal one before the issue arose so that you can be able to re-upgrade when it is right for you to do so.
I have in this post simple guides that will show you How to Downgrade Android OS to lower version e.g – downgrade your device from android 2.2 to 2.1, or downgrade an HTC device from 2.0 to 1.6 respectively.
Guides on How to Downgrade Android OS to lower versions without hassle
1. Download the earlier versions of your device’ android firmware. For example, say you want to download android 2.1 OS, then you should conduct a research on Google for keyword like “Download Android 2.1 Firmware”
2. Use the regular steps according to your device manufacturer guidelines (you might consider checking your manufacturer’s manual before doing that). You’ll find the software extracted and in there, you’ll see a file that ends with/extension “nbo” – that is the Android ROM image file. And it is advisable that you get the exact Android ROM Image File due to the reason that, they differ from one manufacturer to the other.
3. Download RUT (ROM Update Tool)
Use the link prescribe beside here to download the ROM update tool for this tutorial. Download RUT here.
4. On your device, install ROM Update Tool Application and after it has being installed on your phone – reboot your Android Phone.
5. Once it is rebooted, browse the Android Image File and select next
6. Then Switch OFF your phone and then remove battery to ensure that the Downgrade starts
7. Switch on again
8. Click the Call+Delete button on your device as it is starting up
9. Connect a USB cable to your desktop PC and the select next on the RUT application
10. And from this moment, the Android ROM image will be installed on your phone
11. Now start to enjoy your newly downgraded android phone.
I believe you find How to Downgrade Android OS from 2.2 to 2.1 useful? Please share your tips and problems in the section below.
How to downgrade Android OS from 2.2 to 2.1
[HFG contributed to tutorial]
©2015 TechAtLast Int'l Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.