Did you know that the Motorola Razr XT912 and the Motorola Razr XT910 which is of both CDMA and GSM version, could get the latest Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich through an unofficial MIUI4? It has been revealed by the XDA developer team. It came to being because of the hard work of this team over the last few days to make the MIUI update possible for these phones.
Though, it is obviously an unofficial ISC-based ROM update, but it offers an awesome UI (user interface), with full control over customization of home screen, themes, and the interface.
Aside from these, this new update has the issues and bugs which has been revealed by the developers and they are listed below
- Front-facing Camera has issues
- External SD card does not mount
- Camcorder is not working properly
- Data does not come on by itself
- When downloading file or any other things from the web, the phone will keep warning you about downloading it using your data connection and similar bugs
- The phone wallpapers do not scroll
Note: You should know that the Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 (CDMA) and the second one, Motorola RAZR XT910 (GSM model) were running the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread, and for you to know the model, you just need to tap the settings and then About phone to know more.
Please do remember that Techatlast will not be in anyway responsible for any mishap that may arise while performing this task. You’re doing it on your own, though, we promise you good result but we do not assure you 100%.
- Rooted Motorola (Droid) RAZR (GSM/CDMA) with a Bootstrap Recovery tool installed
- USB cable
- The phone must already be running on Android 2.3.6 firmware
- You must have already take the backups of all mobile phone data separately before you embark on flashing your device.
- At least, the mobile phone battery power shouldn’t be lesser than 70% at least, with that, it will help you make the phone stay active throughout the whole process.
Steps to flash your MIUI 4 Ice Cream Sandwich on Motorola Droid Razr XT912 & Razr XT910
Step 1: Download the MIUI 4 ROM for the GSM variant (XT910) here or through here download MIUI 4 ROM for the CDMA variant (XT912)
Step 2: Through USB cable, simply connect your mobile phone to your computer and then copy the downloaded ZIP file to your mobile phone’s internal SD memory card (not the phone micro SD card).
Step 3: Launch the System Recovery application to boot the phone into Bootstrap Recovery. And then select the Recovery Mode button to boot your phone into recovery.
Step 4: Once the previous step is done, then detach the mobile phone from the computer source.
Step 5: In the Bootstrap Recovery tool, wipe the phone data simply by following the steps below:
Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset-> then select Confirm
Choose Advanced-> Wipe Dalvik Cache -> and select Confirm
Step 6: The next thing to do is to install the zip file from the sdcard-> choose zip from the sdcard and continue.
Step 7: On your device, search for the downloaded ZIP file which you had just copied recently and select it.
Step 8: After the installation process, then complete the setup by tapping ‘Yes’ and the process of flashing the ROM will be initiated immediately. Butg you will have to wait for about 10 minutes before the whole installation complteted.
Step 9: If you follow the steps as stated above, I believe you won’t face any challenges working this out. Then select the Go back button to reboot the system right away (reboot your Motorola Razr).
Wow! You have successfully installed the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich via the MIUI 4 custom ROM on your Motorola Droid Razr GSM or Motorola Droid Razr CDMA device.
©2015 TechAtLast Int'l Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.