Published on October 18th, 2011 | by Olawale Daniel4
How to Import Your Facebook Friends to Google+
Facebook is known as one of the best social networking sites on the globe until presently when Google+ surface and that make the balance in-between the two social sites.
If you have joined the Google Plus, you will agree with me of the benefits and features that the service have over the facebook counterpart. And to get ahead with the Google Plus service, you need more friends and you can’t do this alone if you don’t invite your friends from other service because it doesn’t support large contact upload just like how yahoo and facebook does. But, you can still add your friends to the google+ service by using this simple tricks to do so. You need to import your friends from facebook to the google plus with the use of the steps below.
How to Import Your Contact from Facebook to Google+
- you have a Fan Page of any product and if you are in Online Marketing field then you can use those E-mail for the purpose of marketing your product.
- Also, if the same contact exist in Yahoo Contacts as well as Facebook. U have a option delete the imported one. Just by, clicking “Fix Duplicate Entries“.
- Goto Yahoo Mail. Log-in, Click “Contacts“. Under “All Contacts Tab” click “Import Contacts”. Click the service from where you want to import, in our case its Facebook. Log-in with Facebook credentials. Allow access, as this is a trusted App from Yahoo.
- Now, for downloading as .CSV. You can click the drop down and click “Export All…”, from drop down. Click on “Yahoo CSV”. Fill in the Captcha and download.
Exporting Yahoo Contacts.
- This is most recently updated Yahoo Mail. Pictures might differ.
- Now you need to manually import it into Google Contacts. Open Gmail account, just below ‘Mail’ click “Contacts” (Or Google Contacts directly). From ‘more options’ Click “Import” , manually upload the Excel file downloaded “*.CSV” file and you can make a group something as “Facebook Friends”. Google allows a big group name than Yahoo.
- Similarly like Yahoo, you can merge those repeated E-mail addresses. From drop down click “Find And Merge Duplicates”. But, Google Contacts never deletes those.
- Now, you have your Facebook friends in Yahoo & Google services.
- Now, goto Google+ click “Circles”. Pin contacts by selecting and drag n drop to swirl them in respective circles (say Facebook Circle). Just like kids playing marbles on streets in India. Lol… With due respect, funny but very friendly interface.
- Last but the most important step sending invitations.
- Write a post on Facebook, that you will be sending invitations to all friends on the same E-mail associated with their Facebook account.
- And, write a post in Google+ and send it to desired Circle (Facebook circle in our case).
Surely, Google+ will not take soo longer in making its user base as Facebook did. But, its to early to anything. Even, Zukerberg announced something awesome in a week- Yahoo News and also there are confirmed reports in media about Microsoft-Skype integrated Facebook Video chat.