Once upon a time, laptops were the way to go for those who wanted a small portable device for computing on-the-go. Today, the touch screen tablet has taken the computing world by storm, by integrating many of the same features that made modern smartphones a pleasure to use with the portability and functionality offered by an ordinary laptop.
With many tablet options costing less than a bargain-minded laptop, its tempting to go with a tablet based on price alone, but is it really what you need, or would you be better off with a laptop?
Would you go for laptop or tablet? – see the features of each and benefits that you can derived from using each of these gadgets before you can decide on the one you’re going to choose below.
Laptop or Tablet? Which way to go?
Tablets offer a number of advantages in areas where laptops less adept:
Tablets are, by far, much easier to tote around and use on the go, even when compared to an ultralight laptop. Unlike an ordinary laptop, you won’t have to flip up a screen and find a place to rest it on just to use a tablet.
- The touch screens used on tablets provide a more tactile experience than a mouse.
- Most tablets weigh less than a pound, making them much lighter to carry.
- Some tablets offer a longer battery life than most laptops.
However, laptops have plenty of qualities that make them superior to tablets:
- The physical keyboard presents a better option for those who need to type for long periods or those who just don’t like typing on touch screens.
- The screen is much larger than most tablets.
- Laptops offer more powerful processors and stronger graphics for gaming and other programs. Most laptops also feature more data storage and memory than most tablets.
- You can easily upgrade a laptop with more hard drive space and more memory, something you can’t do with a tablet.
- You don’t have to worry about scratching the laptop’s screen, in most cases.In the end, it all comes down to what you want out of your mobile computing solution. Those who want a powerful mobile computing solution that features plenty of data storage space will be better off with an appropriately equipped laptop, while those who value lightness and quick access will prefer tablets. To save money, make sure to look for laptop deals. Keep in mind that a number of tablets can be paired with separate accessories that aim to replicate the full computer experience, including keyboards, trackpads and screen stands.
If given a choice between a tablet and a laptop at the same price, which one would you buy and for what reasons?
©2015 TechAtLast Int'l Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.