A lot of important conversations need to be extracted daily for official purposes. They need to be downloaded and saved as a personal file to the desktop or a laptop. It provides a user full authority to access emails even without internet or when the server is offline or disconnected. It can be useful to know how to backup Office 365 mailbox to PST by eDiscovery is possible. It is a simple manual technique that can be performed by anyone. In this post, one can find all the steps necessary to perform the export. It is not a common procedure but can be quite helpful to know in any professional environment. A lot more information is available in the post below.
How to Backup Office 365 Mailbox to PST?
Listed here are some of the steps through which a user can export Office 365 emails to PST file format:
- First, log-in to the Exchange Admin Centre using Office 365 credentials.
- Then, go to permissions >> admin roles >> Discovery Management >> Mailbox Import Export role.
- Then, click on the Save button in order to backup of Office 365 emails to PST.
- Then, go to Compliance Management >> in-place eDiscovery & hold and click on the New (+).
- From the ‘In-Place eDiscovery & Hold’ dialogue box, type in the name and description and click on the Next button.
- Then, specify the criterion for all mailboxes or choose the ones by adding the ‘+’ button. This can be helpful with exporting Office 365 mailboxes to PST files.
- From the ‘Search query’ screen, set the appropriate filters and click on the Next button.
- From the ‘In-Place Hold Settings’ dialogue box, provide the number of days for which the items are to be kept before they are deleted from the server. Then, click on the Finish button to help with Office 365 Export mailbox to PST.
- Finally, click the Close button when the confirmation message appears.
- Now, all the generated search gets listed. After the completion of the process, click Preview search results to view the results. Finally, click on downward arrow to export the .pst files directly to desktop PC.
- Then, run the security warning when asked to do so.
- From the ‘eDiscovery PST Export Tool’, set the destination location where the exported PST file will be saved. Then, click the Start button in order to initiate the Office 365 mailbox backup.
- Then, type in the necessary Office 365 credentials and click on the OK button.
- Next, click in the Close button on the completion of the process.
- Finally, use Outlook to access PST file in any of the existing profile.
The Preferred Choice to Backup Office 365 Mailbox to PST
Any business strategy cannot have manual steps as its policy. To ask each employee to extract and save PST files individually on their local machine is an arduous task. Furthermore, it will take up a lot of time and efforts to train them for it. The alternative is to go for a better, more refined product like Office365Export PST tool. It is fully designed software built with advanced technology and multiple features. It has got all the latest that a company can hope for in a conversion application as such. It can extract and save complete mailbox items including emails, contacts, calendar etc. to PST, EML and MSG format. The utility is compatible with all the latest version of Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP or earlier ones. It can work with both 32 and 64-bit machines.
To export PST to Office 365, please visit here: https://techatlast.com/export-pst-to-office-365-tutorial/
There is no direct way to download Office 365 emails and save them to the desktop. The only way has been mentioned in this post. It covers all the necessary essentials on how to backup Office 365 mailbox to PST and save to desktop. It is a difficult task but not an impossible one. There are tricky steps which may be confusing to common non-technical businessmen. For them, there are automated third-party solutions prescribes that are a perfect fit for the company. They are efficient, reliable, cost-effective and user-friendly. They guarantee accurate results with no data loss. It is full value for money deal that is worth giving a shot for with a demo version that comes for free.