A temperature monitoring software is one that monitors the temperature of your computer hardware continually. Examples of this hardware include video cards and the Central Processing Unit or the CPU. As a computer user, there maybe times when you tend to overclock your computer hardware, making it run at quicker pace in order to ensure a better performance. However, the temperature of the hardware is also likely to increase, aggravating the possibility of a hardware breakdown. If you want to know about the different types of software products that exist for monitoring the temperature of your computer hardware, there are several important names which you could keep in mind.
Various Types of Hardware Temperature Monitoring Products
1. Speed Fans for Windows OS
- One of the most well known software products that you can use for the purpose of monitoring the temperature of your computer hardware is the speed fan. This is highly compatible with operating systems like the Windows Operating System. You will be able to download this program entirely free of cost from the internet. The Speed Fan is known to monitor temperature, fan speed and voltages. It is capable of changing the speed of the CPU fan in order to reduce the level of noise which a fan in the central processing unit generally makes. The Speed Fan is known to function for an extensive length of time without suffering from disuse. It is also not likely to damage your computer parts in any way and is completely safe to use.
2. LM Sensors for Linux
- The LM sensors are also a most well known and efficient software product which you could use for monitoring your computer hardware temperature. These too are available for free over the internet and are highly compatible with the Linux operating system. It is an open source software as a result of which the code is visible to each and everybody. Some of the functions of the LM sensors include monitoring the speed of the fan in the central processing unit, monitoring the temperature as well as monitoring rotational speeds. It will also alert you if the hardware components of your computer are on the brink of ceasing to function any more.
3. Temperature Monitor Software for MAC
- If you are the user of a MAC computer then one software product which you can certainly make use of for monitoring the temperature of computer hardware is the Temperature Monitor. This is a software product that can be downloaded from websites like download.com free of cost. Such a software product gauges the temperature of the hardware. It also enables different display options such as speech announcements and visual graphs. The Temperature Monitor also has a long life, lasting for several years on end without failure.
Thus, there are quite a number of software products which you can use for monitoring the temperature of your computer hardware. These are certified products and will not cause legal hassles upon their use.
This guest post has been authored by Prashant Sharma who runs Windows 8 Ultimate blog and also manages What is Android blog.