How to Install Touch-Based ClockworkMod Recovery on Nexus S
Good news! Touch-Based recovery tool is now available for the Nexus S smartphone. And if you want to know how to install it on your device, this article shall be showing you how to install the Touch-Based recovery into your Nexus S device.
Touch-Based recovery is the touch based version for the ClockworkMod recovery which you can easily use through touch screen, during any process, you can easily get rid of the volume buttons and others.
Note: This is a custom recovery installation guidelines and it has to be applied to your phone with the use of the android ADB and CMOD. You must understand that the steps which are explained in this guidelines are very risky – it could cause your phone to break off along the process if you wasn’t taken slightly. This trick is good for advanced users and not for someone who is not aware of Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN. You must not try these things if you don’t have basic knowledge of these tools.
Pre-Requisites to Install the Touch-Based Recovery on your Nexus S
- The instructions are presently working for Nexus S, the originally manufactured one.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs , APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having 100% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Your mobile phone should be rooted, along with that you should have Recovery installed.
- Android ADB installed in your computer.
How to Install Touch-Based Recovery on Your Nexus S
Please Note: The steps to guide you through the installation process for the Touch-Based Recovery have been written below to help. But you must understand that if anything goes wrong along the line, Techatlast would not be responsible for the damages – so follow the steps one after the other.
- Download CWM_Recover_Touch.zip file unto your computer.
- Transfer the CWM_Recover_Touch.zip file to the root folder of your SD Card using an original USB Cable.
- Reboot your mobile device to the ClockworkMod recovery mode by holding the Volume Up & Power button. Then wait till when the phone starts.
- Now, tap “install zip from sd card”.
- Then, choose the CWM_Recover_Touch.zip file.
- It will then start flashing the touch-based recovery, but, you will just have to for the process to complete.
- After that, click back button on your device to go back to the home screen and then Reboot your mobile device.
- And after that, you should start enjoying it on your device because you have just finished installing the Touch-Based recovery on your nexus S.
Thanks for reading, kindly share your comment and add your comment as well for what you need to know.