If you very much familiar with facebook, you will notice that they introduce one very controversial product recently before the latter introduction of Facebook and skype calling. The facebook photo tagging features is one of the worst products that Facebook has introduced to the users since its inception that has received high volume of criticism due to the nature of the service.
The photo tagging feature is very embarrassing as someone who you don’t know can just have access to your picture and some other things and they will start tagging you in a picture that which you don’t even knew anything about its existence.
Imagine, you are a believers of God and you are on facebook and someone now tagged you in a photo of lesbian you know how destructive that type of service could be?….
Few months ago, Anthony Weiner ran into this type of problem of photo sexing scandal due to leakage in his twitter account and that alone cos him his career and the pride he has, so you need to do something about it before it is too late.
Since facebook refuses to change or disable the features, I think we need to find a solution our own problem to avoid this dark world of Zuckerberg and his team. So, if you want to disable this feature in your facebook to keep your account profile up to date with quality information from you and not from someone you don’t really know who and how he/she exists. Follow the step-by-step guide below and stop it immediately.
- Log in to your facebook page and click on the tab name “Account” at the top right corner of your facebook profile and then select “Privacy Settings”.
- Look deep into the page and you will see where the “Customize Settings” was and make sure to click on it to go to the second page.
- After that, you will get to the page where it lists all the options for your facebook account, you just need to find where…. it reads “Things others share”. Then choose the picture tab there like in the picture below and then go to the next page.
- Choose what I pick in the picture and then go to the next page where you will be asked to choose the type of view for your privacy. Then choose “Only Me” to activated those that are just tagging you unaware.
- Click on save to complete your configuration and from then on, nobody can tag you in any photo anymore without your consent.
Do you know that you can now save your data online and keep them on your computer easily? Read this post on it now and don’t forget to subscribe to my mailing list for live updates.