The wait for the world’ acclaimed cheapest tablet smartphone, Akash Tablet has come to an end – there is no more waiting again. The Government of India has finally released $35 worth Aakash tablet which many has rated to be one of the top cheapest tablet ever in history even before its official release. At a press conference in the capital, the HRD minister, Kapil Sibal, released the Aakash tablet, with the price tag of Rs. 2,999. The Aakash tablet will be made available for students at a subsidized price, which would bring down its normal value to $35 (Rs. 17,00) – making it to become the cheapest tablet ever in history.
|Operating System||Google’s Android v2.2 Froyo|
|Battery||2100 mAh lithium polymer battery/ Can run about 180 mins on battery alone|
|Procesor||366 MHz processor, on chip graphics accelerator & HD Video processor|
|Memory||2GB (Internal) , Expandable upto 32 GB micro SD|
|RAM||256 MB LP-DDR2/DDR2|
|Display||7-inch at an 800*480 resolution|
|Screen Touch type||Multi-touch resistive touchscreen display|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi EEE 802.11 a/b/g connectivity|
Cool Features of Akash Tablet
- It is very cheap especially when compared to the current tablets in the market
- It can work as a normal phone if there’s a SIM card and headphone in it
- GPRS and Wi-Fi enabled.
- Ability to work as a 3G data enable dongle
- Extended memory up to 32 GB micro SD
- USB port.
- PDF viewer, Text editor
- Multimedia and Image Display
- Supported Document formats: DOC, DOCX, XLS, PPT, PPTX, XLSX, ODT, ODP
- Image viewer supported formats: PNG, BMP, JPG and GIF
- Supported audio formats: MP3, AC3, WAV, WMA, AAC,
- Supported video formats: MPEG2, AVI, FLV, MPEG4
- It has a separate application for YouTube video and others
- Sandards compliance: CE certification/RoHS certification
Though, it is still tag as the top cheapest tablet, the tablet does not have an in-built camera still, and there is no GPS capability.The phone processor is very slow and it is not good for the techie guys out there especially for those who are looking to do every thing at the same time, multi-tasking.