Are you a foodie? Then these tips are just for you!
Is there anyone on earth who would not crave for tasty foodstuffs? To the most the answer is sure to be a big ‘No’! However, one must understand that as they enjoy their favourite foods they must also monitor their calorie intake to restrain themselves from unhealthy conditions. It is also important for any person whether young or old to keep track of his daily food habits to be well protected from diseases.
Remember, it’s important to be energetic and completely satisfied rather than being deprived of foods which you love the most because our ultimate aim must be to remain away from encroachment of diseases. To make your job easier we have collected few tips to make your eating habit an enjoyable experience. Check out the following and forget not to leave your ideas or comments below.
- Start off your diet plan step by step rather than starting it off in one go. This must be taken up seriously and must be followed with commitment.
- Eat smaller portions rather than serving in larger portions. Also, it is advisable to eat in small plates to feel full even when you have served only little.
- Eat bright coloured fruits and vegetables as it contains more of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
- Add sweet vegetables like yam, onion, sweet potato, carrots, beet, corn etc., to your diet to reduce your craving for other sweet foods.
- Make sure you derive vitamins and minerals from food rather than going in for supplements (pills).
- Eat more of whole grains like brown rice, whole wheat, barley and millet to keep your heart healthy.
- Add monounsaturated fats like olive oil, peanut oil and canola oil; nuts like hazelnuts, almonds and pecans; and seeds like sesame and pumpkin seeds in your diet. Polyunsaturated fats including Omega-6 and Omega-3 must also be included in your diet.
- Saturated fats in whole milk dairy products and red meat; and Trans fats in cookies, candies, baked goods, fried foods must be avoided or eliminated from our diet.
- Add protein like beans, nuts and soy products to your diet to keep you going. It is an essential part of our diet as it helps in maintaining tissues, cells and organs. Protein is also rich in chicken, turkey, fresh fish and meat that is free from antibiotics and hormones.
- Calcium found in dairy products like cheese, yoghurt, milk, vegetables, greens and beans must be included in our diet to maintain bone health.
- Sugar and salt must be used in correct amounts in order to avoid unnecessary health and weight problems. Beware of food labels that mention sugar in other terms like Fructose, Dextrose, Glucose, Sucrose or Maltose, brown rice syrup, maltodextrin, maple syrup or cane sugar.
- Always think more on the foods you select and its freshness rather counting its calories. You can thus make your diet healthier.
- Concerned about expensive vegetables and fruits? Then, do not forget to enjoy those which are available in plenty during the season. This way you will be able to spend less and eat in plenty.
- It is important that you hydrate your body well in order to flush out toxins and waste products from our systems. Or else there are chances that it might cause headaches, low energy levels and tiredness to the body.
- Regular exercise is a must for all to maintain perfect health conditions and eating habits as well.
- Never hesitate to take at least some amount of the food which you are craving for and also make sure that you include fat, protein and carbohydrates into your diet.
- If you are tired working out hard, then enjoy your favourite fresh juice such as pomegranate to get natural sugar and antioxidants instead of going for packaged drinks.
- Tomatoes, garlic, basil, strawberries or spinach can be included in variety of dishes to make it tastier and healthier.
- It is important to take three meals and one or two snacks everyday. Remember, breakfast is an important part of the meal and must not be missed at any point.
- Eat your meals slowly and stop when you feel you are full. However, it is not advisable to waste food. Hence, serve only that much you need.
Tips discussed above might be initially difficult to follow but if adopted strictly can create miracles in life. Eat to live and not live to eat- This must be everyone’s policy to maintain healthy body conditions. So, start dieting from today to stay fit and strong each day. Happy dieting to all out there! J
Writer Bini pens on latest market trends, electronics, technology, shopping, free samples, offers, politics, health services, health benefits, public sector services, public sector benefits and more.