Have you ever visited TechCrunch before? The formal theme on the blog was like the newly created Comppress Theme. The TechCrunch theme is a unique theme which was designed basically by TechCrunch programmers and no traces of it were available on the internet but, with all this, there’s still someone who was able to create a stunning theme that looks the same like the TechCrunch wordpress theme.
Comppress Theme is a wordpress theme designed by CompTalks.com and the theme is a nice and one of the coolest design I’ve ever seen online. But now that TechCrunch is now under new management, they no more use that design again but the source code for it isn’t available online for hackers to tap from. But, upon searching for a techcrunch theme online today, I got a valuable information which I know will trill you in case you’re one those who loves the site and would like your blog to look alike.
TechCrunch Theme Features
- Neat and Clean Design
- Social Plugins enabled – Tweetmeme, Facebook like and more.
- Featured Image option for showing images in the post
- Ability to change site logo from the admin panel
- Ability to change background of the site logo from admin panel
- Change the theme background image from admin panel
- Widgetize sidebar
- Threaded Comments
- 728×90 Ad placement beside the site logo at the top side of the header
- Tabbed box in the sidebar for Popular post, Recent & Random Posts (with inclusion of thumbnails)
- An in-built Feedburner Subscription option box for subscribers
- 125×125 Ad placement boxes for Google ad placement, private ad sales or an affiliate banners
- WordPress 3.0 dropdown menus
- Author Bio Box in the post page to display the author credentials
- Widgetize Footer
- Totally free!
Download the Theme or test the DEMO
[My friend from TipsBlogger contributed to this review]