The latest version of the Android Operating System, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich was opened sourced few days ago. Now it seems that the developers have done their trick and finally ported the ICS to Samsung Galaxy S II and the Galaxy S. The Samsung Galaxy S2 is known as one of the most popular Android smartphone ever released and so, we expect this new addition to boost the overall usage of the ICS soonest.
This trick comes from a developer by brand name, xplodwild on Twitter, where he officially announced this trick that it was ready and he also linked to the files required for the trick to work.
The current build is Alpha 7 build. The Alpha build is not a stable release with Bluetooth, modem, WiFi and some other basic things like camera, sound etc. does not work. So we suggest our readers who are using Galaxy S or the Galaxy S II to wait for at least, the Beta version. But sources predict it that the Beta version could become available within the next week.
Tips You Should Follow Before You Install The Latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich:
1. Make sure that your phone, Galaxy S II or the Galaxy S must be rooted. And to root your Samsung Galaxy S II, you should click this link to do that or you can as well click this second link here to learn about the Rooting kit to root any device.
2. You must as well Flash ClockworkMod Recovery too.
3. Make sure that your device is fully charged before you do it. The entire process takes about few minutes but as a precautionary measure, I suggest that you fully charge your phone before the ICS installation.
4. Also do your nandroid backup from which you can latest use to restore it back to the phone later on.
5. Download the exact file which is for your own device here below:
- Galaxy S ICS Alpha 4
- Galaxy S II ICS Alpha 7
How To Install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on Galaxy S and Samsung Galaxy S II:
Stage 1 : Connect your own device to your computer through a USB and then transfer the file you have downloaded to the root directory location of your phones storage media.
Stage 2 : Immediately you finish the transfer process, turn off your phone and turn it ON again.
Stage 3 : Now Boot the phone into the ClockworkMod Recovery by just holding down the Volume Up + Home + Power button and wait till the main menu appears.
Stage 4 : Now navigate to the mounts and storage location and then format the /system location. Once you’re done with that, you should also make sure to format the /data and /cache.
So then go back to the main menu of your device and then click on wipe data /factory reset.
Stage 5 : Once done, follow this next step: from your device’s main menu, select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > [name of file you downloaded in step 1] to help you format your flash ICS to your device.
Now you’ve now successfully installed the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to your Samsung Galaxy S II or Galaxy II. You can subscribe to this blog RSS feed or mailing list to