When I was a kid, I hated studying, because the only place from where I could get knowledge was textbooks. And trust me, studying all the time from books was really not my forte.
With the advent of the internet and technology, education has indeed become more fun and students can connect to their studies in a more efficient and interactive way.
Incorporating technology in the education sector has brought in positive changes and a considerable number of students are getting benefited from it immensely.
But in order to find out more about the innovative and modern methods of education that are going to shape the future, give a complete read to this article thoroughly.
Current Forecasts of The Impact of Technology on the Global Education Market
The technology has renovated all the other sectors effectively and now, it has started to play a crucial part in the education industry too. Already the EdTech industry has started making huge profits since the time when the new techniques of teachings have been included in the 21st-century classroom.
According to a recent study, it is found that the education industry is going to expand to $10 trillion by the year 2030. Indeed, AI has started bringing in a huge reform in the industry which is getting more prominent from these digits.
With the application of AI in the global education market, the worth of the EdTech market is expected to raise up to $3.68 Billion by 2023. The same applies in the case of the IoT education market as it is supposed to reach $11.3 Billion by the year 2023.
On the other part, I can safely say that cloud computing in the education sector is expected to attain a revenue of $25.36 Billion by the end of 2021. The gamification has influenced the global education market in a tremendous way and its growth is expected to rise to $18 Million by 2023.
Whereas the global education expenditure is expected to attain $7.8 Trillion by 2025 and $10.0 Trillion by 2030 while the EdTech expenditure is estimated to reach a value of $3.42 Billion by 2025.
Future of Education – How the EdTech Trends are Ruling the Education Sector?
While the whole world came to a complete standstill after the sudden outbreak of the COVID-19 outbreak, we were forced to stay indoors for months. Even though our daily lives got hampered heavily, technology was the only savior for people working in all sectors.
According to a recent study, it was concluded that more than 81% of the teachers opt for utilizing the digital learning tools as it offers a better experience to the students. They have found it easier to grasp the learning without any trouble. Besides that, about 90% of students prefer using EdTech tools as it helps them with their learning effectively. Thus, it can be easily stated that the future of education lies in these upcoming revolutionary reforms.
Top 10 Technologies that are Ruling over the EdTech Sector
During the starting months of the COVID-19 outbreak, when all the students were confined inside their houses, the EdTech sector encountered a number of notable changes which is going to help the industry in the upcoming days as well.
Here are the top ten technologies I feel are dominating the Education Technology industry in recent days:
- Artificial Intelligence: The incorporation of AI has managed to sort out several issues of the students all around the world quite effectively.
- Internet of Things: IoT has been helping to connect devices with each other because of which the monitoring becomes a lot simpler.
- Blockchain: Besides modifying the education quality, the overall communication experience between the students and teachers has been made better than ever. The future of education is bright with the continued growth and worldwide acceptability of decentralized applications powering educational service-related offerings, you can rest assured of growth in the sector.
- AR/VR: The aspects and influence of virtualization of theories have been made immensely simpler by Augmented and Virtual Reality.
- Learning Analytics and Machine Learning: This part assists the teachers to form the reports efficiently and analytics through advanced laptops and smartphones has definitely changed the learning process.
- Cloud Computing: It has helped the teachers and students to store large files and data related to the curriculum effectively.
- Wearables: Learning has become a lot simpler and easier with the help of smartwatches and bracelets.
- Gamification: With a small touch of creativity and imagination, the idea of education has been made a lot more manageable for the students as it adds a different feeling of thrill to the learning experience.
- Video Learning: Video helps to learn more effectively besides increasing the memory retention ability of the students.
- Payment Gateways: Online payment options have become more manageable these days and paying the fees has become easier than ever.
Usage of Robots for imparting quality education
Robotics is one of the major sectors of technological development that has made the learning process more exciting and simpler at the same time. With the wide acceptance of robotics in the education domain, the students can easily work on their STEM subjects now with the help of a bot.
Even though there are a good number of Robot technologies that have been included in the education domain, here is a list of a few of them:
- NAO Robots: Teachers are opting for this technique to turn the lessons more interactive and livelier.
- CoDrones: The teachers are assisted with this technology for teaching the students about programming.
- Pepper Robot: Helps the students who dream to build a career in the science and IT field.
- Dash and Dot: Students are assisted by this technology to sharpen their coding skills while they can stay within the comfort of their classroom or home.
- Cubelets: Assists people with the subject of coding and robotics.
- Misty Robot: This technology is widely used to combine different experiments for imparting better knowledge about a certain concept to a group of students. It also provides 3D printing and facial recognition services.
- Robotics: Programmed efficiently to assist in the fields of education and research work, these are fully functional humanoid android.
The amalgamation of technology with the education industry has introduced amazing and attractive teaching methods which made learning a lot easier for young learners and students.
Besides stimulating the different kinds of skills in the students, technology is also playing a huge role in enriching the young minds with knowledge and decision-making habits which is going to fulfill a lot of their future needs.
With the exponential growth of the global education market and the influx of innovative tools, the future of education looks bright, and here’s why!. explore what the future of education looks like.