Nowadays, many users want to keep their crucial data safe in the cloud. As we know, Office 365 is a web-based application, which involves Exchange Online as an emailing and calendaring server. All items can be accessed in Office 365 account and saved in cloud storage environment. But, sometimes the question arises that how to transfer files from OneDrive to OneDrive for Business account? One such solution is OneDrive to OneDrive Transfer tool, which helps to move all items i.e., emails, contacts, etc between two OneDrive accounts. Moreover, it provides the robust platform and cost-effective services to perform migration process. In this review page, we are going to discuss OneDrive Migration Tool in detail along with all its useful features.
OneDrive Migration Tool – Overview
Onedrive for Business file migration tool is designed in such a way to transfer files or documents between two OneDrive accounts. It is capable enough to migrate all permissions from Source ID to Destination ID. The OneDrive Migration tool offers Date-based Filter option while moving data from OneDrive to OneDrive for Business account. Moreover, it equips an option to pause a file transfer process any time they want and resume it later on whenever needed. Also, it keeps the original folder structure intact throughout the migration process. It is compatible with all latest versions of Window machine including Win 10 and its below versions.
Versions of OneDrive Migration Tool
The Microsoft Office 365 OneDrive for Business migration tool is available in two different versions i.e., Demo and Licensed edition. Users can select any of the version as per their need. Let us have a look:
- Demo Version: The OneDrive for Business file transfer tool is only available on company’s official site. One can easily download and install the setup of this migration tool to understand the full working of it. However, there is a constraint that it will transfer only 50 items while executing migration process.
- Licensed Version: The licensed version of OneDrive to OneDrive migration tool, which allows a user to move all items between two OneDrive Accounts. Moreover, it can transfer all mailbox items from source to destination. There is no size limitation imposed during the conversion process. So, one can simply buy this product from an official site and use it as per their convenience.
Key Features of OneDrive to OneDrive For Business Migration
Move Data From OneDrive to Another OneDrive: With OneDrive Migration tool, the user can easily transfer files from OneDrive to another OneDrive account efficiently. This application also helps to move all items, which include photos, audio, video, doc files, PDFs, etc., from OneDrive to OneDrive for Business.
Migration for MS Office 365 OneDrive Admin: In order to migrate files from OneDrive to another OneDrive account, the tool offers with Impersonation feature for Admin who wants to perform migration from one domain to another to transfer files from OneDrive Account to another OneDrive having multiple User Ids.
Note: Keep in mind that Source & Destination OneDrive for Business should be impersonated before conversion.
Option to Add Source & Destination ID: For adding the user ID of Source and Destination OnDrive account and to perform the same. The tool provides following options while moving files from OneDrive to OneDrive for business:
- Source & Destination User ID: To add only one user at a time, choose this option. But keep in mind that one must have at least one validated source and destination admin ID before starting a process. Next, one should enter the username and password of that account and authorize it before executing the migration from OneDrive to OneDrive for Business.
- Import CSV File: After Validating Source and Destination User ID , one can perform O365 OneDrive to OneDrive migration in batch and users can even choose this option. For this, one just has to upload a .csv file that contains multiple user Ids.
Customize Way to Migrate OneDrive Account:If users want to migrate OneDrive to another OneDrive account from a certain date range, then they can utilize date-based filter option. Users just need to mention the date range in the to and from the given field, the OneDrive to OneDrive Migration for Business tool will transfer only data that fall under a particular date range. For this, there are two date filters i.e., Creation Date & Modification Date provided by the software.
- Move Permissions: With this option, the user can move all permissions such as read and write from OneDrive to another OneDrive using CSV File. This feature permits a user to transfer all permissions from Source to Destination user ID
- Advanced Settings: While switching from OneDrive account to another, the users can also transfer specific files or documents with this option. It enables the user to migrate particular files such as .pdf, .doc, .txt etc.
Renders Date-range Filter Option: If users want to migrate OneDrive to another OneDrive account from a certain date range, then they can utilize date-based filter option. Users just need to mention the date range in the to and from the given field, the OneDrive to OneDrive Migration for Business tool will transfer only data that fall under a particular date range. For this, there are two date filters i.e., Creation Date & Modification Date provided by the software.
Offers Pause, Resume & Stop Option:Once the migration process begins, the software will show the live status of an ongoing process on the current screen. Also, it permits a user to pause or resume data migration process in between without any interruption. However, if users want them, they can also stop the whole process in between. After that, data are transferred before clicking on the Stop button will move.
Working Steps of Office 365 Onedrive For Business Migration Tool
- First of all, Launch OneDrive Migration Tool on your machine.
- Then, you can provide OneDrive Source and Destination Admin Credentials.
- After this, choose the various filters such as Selective Permission Migration, Date Filter & specific files.
- Go to “Import CSV” option and then, select “Advanced Settings” and enable the “include file type” checkbox as follows.
- Finally, click on “Export” to perform OneDrive to OneDrive Migration successfully
- Maintains folder hierarchy throughout the conversion process
- Option to pause transfer process at any time and resume it
- Allows the user to add multiple source & Destination id’s in Bulk
- Does not provide preview of data before executing migration process
- Does not render customized file naming convention feature
Based on the user interface, performance, and technicalities of OneDrive to OneDrive Migration tool, I would like to rate this product 9.8/10. The reason for not giving the full rate is that the application does not generate a preview of data before executing the migration. Besides this, there is no other negative point of OneDrive to OneDrive transfer and I can proudly say that by far, there cannot be any other software like this.
Also, read the article to know how to backup Office 365 Mailbox, click here: https://techatlast.com/backup-office-365-mailbox-to-pst-ediscovery/